The Computer Clubhouse based in the liberties has two vacancies for youth workers with a technology focus.They are part-time, flexible positions. They may be of interest to someone in the DT265 class or to someone you know. Please feel free to pass on the information if you do know someone who is interested.
See the specification below
Assistant Youth Worker
with Multimedia & Technology focus (CE Scheme)
SWICN Computer Clubhouse
The Computer Clubhouse, located in the heart of the liberties in Dublin, provides a safe and creative learning environment in multimedia and innovative technology for young people between the ages of 10 and 18. We are open for young people from 3:00 - 7:00 Monday to Friday and offer evening workshops as well. The mission of the Clubhouse is to provide the young people with new skills, confidence and choices that are not otherwise available to them, helping them to succeed in their careers and lives. In the Clubhouse, young people can gain an insight into what it is like to be an architect, musician, filmmaker, engineer, artist, journalist, programmer and much more.
Duration: 1 to 3 years
Hours of Work: 19.5 hours a week
Summary of Position:
To support the work of the SWICN Computer Clubhouse, to assist the youth workers in planning, running and evaluating multimedia and technology based programmes.
Duties & Responsiblities:
- Assist the youth workers in carrying out various creative programmes through the use of multimedia and technology
- Plan and evaluate programmes with young people and youth workers
- Build positive working relationships with young people through engagement
- Identify the needs of the young people and develop the appropriate responses with support from the team.
- Develop links with agencies, groups and institutions which involve young people and which have an impact on their lives (school, family, justice).
- Advocate with and for young people where appropriate
- Attend meetings where required
- Carry out evening and occasional weekend work.
- Undertake the necessary training
- Participate in weekly youth work team meetings
- Avail of regular supervision
- To abide by the child protection policy of the youth service and to abide by other policies and procedures as per induction
- Work flexible hours
- Have basic multimedia and technology skills
Please send CV and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org